Kamakura Corporation is committed to protecting your privacy and developing technology that gives you the most powerful and safe online experience. This Statement of Privacy applies to the Kamakura Corporation Web site and governs data collection, usage, and retention. By using the Kamakura Corporation website, you consent to the data practices described in this statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
Kamakura Corporation collects personally identifiable information that you may provide for purposes of requesting communication or services from us, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address or telephone number. Kamakura Corporation also collects anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests and favorites.
Kamakura Corporation encourages you to review the privacy statements of Web sites you choose to link to from Kamakura Corporation so that you can understand how those Web sites collect, use and share your information. Kamakura Corporation is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on Web sites outside of the Kamakura Corporation and Kamakura Corporation family of Web sites.
Collection and Use of your Personal Information
Some laws require us to explain our lawful reason for processing your personal information. We process personal information about you on the basis that it is:
- Provided by you and necessary for the delivery of services you requested.
- In our or a third parties’ legitimate interests:
- to inform you of other products or services available from Kamakura Corporation and its affiliates.
- to contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current services or of potential new services that may be offered.
- to deliver customized content and advertising within Kamakura Corporation to customers whose behavior indicates that they are interested in a particular subject area.
- to determine what Kamakura Corporation services are the most popular.
- for internal research and development purposes and to improve, test and enhance the features and functions of our Web site and services.
- to enforce our terms and conditions.
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety, networks, systems and property, or those of other persons.
- for the prevention, detection or investigation of a crime or other breach of law or requirement, loss prevention or fraud.
- to comply with requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, including where they are outside your country of residence.
- in order to exercise our rights, and to defend ourselves from claims and to comply with laws and regulations that apply to us or third parties with whom we work.
- in order to participate in, or be the subject of, any sale, merger, acquisition, restructure, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
You have the right to opt out of receiving information about products or services available from Kamakura Corporation and its affiliates, or from being contacted via surveys to conduct research. You are also welcome to contact us for further information on the legal grounds that we rely on in relation to any specific processing of your personal information. Additional rights you have are described in the section below entitled Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information.
Kamakura Corporation does not process, collect, or use sensitive personal information, such as race, religion, or political affiliations, for any reason.
Kamakura Corporation does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties. Kamakura Corporation may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your unique personally identifiable information (e-mail, name, address, telephone number) is not transferred to the third party. In addition, Kamakura Corporation may share data with trusted partners to help us perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to Kamakura Corporation, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information, in compliance with applicable law.
Kamakura Corporation Web sites will disclose your personal information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Kamakura Corporation or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of Kamakura Corporation; and, (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Kamakura Corporation, or the public.
The Kamakura Corporation Web site use "cookies" to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Kamakura Corporation pages, or register with Kamakura Corporation site or services, a cookie helps Kamakura Corporation to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Kamakura Corporation Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Kamakura Corporation features that you customized.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Kamakura Corporation services or Web sites you visit.
Security of your Personal Information
Kamakura Corporation secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Kamakura Corporation has adopted appropriate technical and organizational measures necessary to ensure the security of personal information and to avoid any alteration, loss, unauthorized use or access, taking into account the state of technology, the nature of the information stored and the risks to which these are exposed, whether originating from human actions or from physical or natural influences. Kamakura Corporation secures the personally identifiable information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other Web sites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol.
Transfer of Personal Information
Your personal information may be stored and processed outside of your home country, including in countries that may not offer the same level of protection for your personal information as your home country. Kamakura Corporation has put measures in place to ensure that when your personal information is transferred internationally, it is subject to appropriate safeguards in accordance with data protection laws, including contractual safeguards. Kamakura Corporation engages third parties like cloud hosting services, suppliers and technology support located around the world to serve the needs of our business, workforce and customers. Kamakura Corporation takes appropriate steps to ensure that personal information is processed, secured and transferred according to applicable law (including Articles 44 to 50 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation). If you would like to know more about our data transfer practices and obtain copies of any relevant safeguarding measures, please contact Kamakura Corporation at email@example.com.
Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
You may contact Kamakura Corporation at firstname.lastname@example.org to exercise any of the following actions:
- Revoke your consent for the use of your personal data.
- Request to obtain information about whether or not your personal data has been used.
- Request to access your personal data.
- Correct inaccurate or incomplete data.
- Request the deletion of your personal data when, for any reason, the data is no longer necessary for the purposed for which it was obtained.
- Request the portability of your data.
Changes to this Statement
Kamakura Corporation will occasionally update this Statement of Privacy to reflect company and customer feedback. Kamakura Corporation encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how Kamakura Corporation is protecting your information.
Kamakura Corporation welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that Kamakura Corporation has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Kamakura Corporation at email@example.com. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.